Mentally Healthy Workplace Toolkit
Creating mentally healthy workplaces
A mentally healthy workplace is one that:
- promotes workplace practices that support positive mental health
- eliminates and minimises psychological health and safety risks through the identification and assessment of psychosocial hazards
- builds the knowledge, skills and capabilities of workers to be resilient and thrive at work
- is free of stigma and discrimination
- supports the recovery of workers returning after a physical or psychological injury.
This toolkit is structured around a four part model that outlines what makes a workplace mentally healthy.
The benefits of a mentally healthy workplace
- Decrease in work-related injuries and illnesses
- Decrease in workers’ compensation claims
- Thriving workers
- Increase in productivity
- Decrease in absenteeism
- Increase in engagement and job satisfaction
- Decrease in turnover and selection costs
- Increase in attraction of top talent
This toolkit aims to help employers, managers and leaders eliminate and minimise risks to psychological health and create workplace environments that are mentally healthy.
Use the guidance material and practical tools in this toolkit to facilitate positive steps towards a mentally healthy workplace.
1. Mentally healthy workplaces
2. Promote positive practices
3. Prevent psychological harm
4. Intervene early
5. Support recovery from injury
6. Mentally healthy workplaces for small business
7. Additional resources
Download the toolkit here.
2018 Webinars for Healthy Workplaces by WorkCover Queensland
- Emotionally Challenging Work - Managing the Risk
- How to create mentally healthy workplace culture and reduce stigma
- Managing mental health issues in the workplace - an introductory overview for employers
- Reasonable adjustments and mental health conditions
- Early intervention and understanding psychological injuries
- Return to work after workplace bullying
- Facts and fallacies behind mentally healthy workplaces
- Workplace violence and mental health
- Mentally healthy workplaces in the retail sector