COORDINATOR – PUBLICATIONS – Brisbane
Hoping for a career in editing & publishing? Have a passion for purebred dogs & dog people? Then here’s a full-time job to write home about.
- Co-ord exp.in print production house or ad agency desirable
- Need good office skills across Microsoft Office Suite
- Lovely office Brisbane SW.
This client is a peak body for the purebred dog industry in Queensland. With nearly 7000 members, it runs all the relevant shows, trials, competitions and events, provides a wealth of advice to purebred dog owners and intending owners, registers the various breeds and breeders and communicates with members via a vibrant, full colour monthly A.4 30pp. magazine.
For someone with a passion for purebreds and an interest in writing, editing and communications, co-ordinating this feature-packed publication is an excellent opportunity. It’s not a starter job – you definitely need some experience as a coordinator in an ad agency, in print production or similar – but it’s a great place from which to launch a career.
Ideally, what you will offer is:
- enthusiasm for the job and a great attitude
- excellent office capabilities across Microsoft Office Suite
- a solid grounding in print and digital production techniques
- the confidence to organise – and stick to – your own work schedules
- the flexibility to know when change is appropriate
- a persuasive phone manner with exceptional negotiating skills
- a willingness to pitch in and get involved
- a quite brilliant flair for organisation, systems and processes
- and the ability to work autonomously.
Offer those capacities and we’ll give lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
For example, the writing, design, images and visual presentation are all outsourced. And while you won’t need to actually do those things yourself, bringing them all together in the right place at the right time is part of your role.
So, you most certainly will need to learn how and why those disciplines work, what’s involved and what constitutes the difference between work that is acceptable and that which is outstanding. It may help if you are somewhat creative and have a flair for words and design yourself.
But as well as articles and columns and features – all provided by owners, veterinarians and other experts – there is a high volume of advertising coming in from various sources. If you’re to keep everything on track and running smoothly to schedule, you will need to have (or develop) an understanding of all the processes involved in display advertising, a good ‘eye’ and a positively uncanny attention to detail.
Add to that your cheerful disposition, ready smile, willingness to pitch in and do whatever is needed around the office and the delight you’ll feel every time another dog comes to work or to visit friends in the office – and you’re well on your way to securing this ‘dream job’.
To be considered for this role, please forward your cover letter and your resume in WORD format quoting reference number NMCOPU-Web to email@example.com or contact Nicola Manson on 07 3211 0001.